CRITICAL EVALUATION OF WOMEN AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
This study examines the “critical evaluation of women and rural development”, a case study of Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo state. Rural development can be viewed generally as a process by which the efforts of the people concerned are united with those of governmental authorities to improve the standard of living in the rural area. This is enhanced through full participation of the people concerned to develop their rural area. In doing this, the researcher based her study on how to ascertain the women and rural development, to investigate the level of consultation with women and rural development, eight (8) autonomous communities were used in carrying out the research, primary and secondary data were used.
On the basis of the findings of the study, it was observed that the majority of women participants who took part in the survey were married. They were in their economically active age with a moderate level of education. The participants were more engaged in farming activities as main occupation. The level of participation in Community and Rural Development Programmes by the respondents was moderate with an average of about 8 stages out of the 19 stages offered. Their involvement in the project was majorly in the area of project identification followed by project selection and need assessment.
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of Problems
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4 Research Questions
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Scope of the Study
1.7 Limitation of the Study
1.8 Definition of Terms
2.1 Level of Participation of Rural Women in Development Projects
2.2 Participation: concepts and definitions
2.3 Participation concept
2.4 Purpose of participation
2.5 Adoption of participatory approaches
2.6 Community participation and community driven development
2.7 Integrating women into development
2.8 Development project
2.9 Impact of Rural Women Participation in Development Project on their 2.10 Livelihood
2.11 Socio-Economic Constraints of Women
2.12 Community and Social Development Project
2.13 Theoretical Framework
2.13.1 Feminist Theory
2.13.2 Impact Theory
3.1 Description of Study Area
3.2 Sampling Procedure and Sample Size
3.3 Data Collection
3.4 Method of Data Analysis
3.5 Descriptive statistics
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
4.2 Socio-Economic Characteristics of Respondents
4.3 Educational level
4.4 Marital status
4.5 Years of residence in community
4.6 Major occupation
4.7 Level of Participation of rural Women in Community and Rural Development Project
4.8 Impact of Women Participation in Rural development on their Livelihood
4.9 Constraints Limiting the Participation of Women in Community and Rural Developments
SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The essence of this work “a critical evaluation of women and Rural Development” is to review the process by which the efforts of the people are united with those of the governmental authorities to improve the standard of living in the rural communities. It is also reviewed “development” as a charge from primitive way(s) of doing things to advance way(s) of doing things in the Rural Development.
The aim for carrying out this research and rural development is to understand the ways in which the women living in the rural communities can participate and achieve meaningful and sustainable development. Putting into consideration the population and the enormous (large) load for government to handle, it is important to involve women in rural communities in the work of their own affairs. It is also important to note that since the government at the grass roots has failed, the government has no option than to incorporate women at the rural communities in the administration of their areas. Although it is good for women in the rural communities to be part of their domestic development but this trends has been observed globally which the government in the developing world have not fully embraced. Olewe Iwu (1996) observed that the resources for development at the command of government in developing countries are very limited, scarce and as much, the government used the involvement of the communities financially, materially, and otherwise to contribute to the programmes that benefit them.
This research therefore, views and appraises (estimate the value) the women in Rural Development of the Ideato North Local Government area of Imo state in the development of its environment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Our aim in this study is to investigate and appraise what extent the women and rural development has thrived in the development of Ideato north Local Government Area of Imo state, have to see how it mobilize human and material resources for development of rural communities.
1. The inability of government to ascertain women and rural development: It has created a lot of problems the mobilization of the women and Rural Development to affect their own development. The study will therefore unravel this problems explain the level of women and Rural Development can be measured.
2. Lack of consultation with women kin rural development: At community level, women have traditionally been excluded from direct participation in deision making, in most cases women are not consulted at the planning stage of Rural Development to know their felt needs in the rural community.
3. Poor women participation in Rural Development: The inability of the women agents in the Rural Development to participate, in Rural Development has grossly affected Rural Development in Nigeria
4. In recent times: it has been surprisingly observed that women in the rural community do not like to have challenges in the midst of development activities. This is a problem that has to be solved in this research work.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The essence of women and Rural Development is to bring about the following:
1. To ascertain women participation in Rural Development
2. To identify the challenges confronting women participation in Rural Development in ideato North.
3. To critically determine ways of enhancing Rural Development in Ideato North
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is Level of Participation of rural Women in Community and Rural Development Project
2. What is the Impact of Women Participation in Rural development on their Livelihood
3. Constraints Limiting the Participation of Women in Community and Rural Developments
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research work shall be relevant in various ways:
1. The students of public administration will also find this research useful.
2. The research work will be useful for policy makers in making future policies for the development in rural communities in Imo state and beyond.
3. The research would also help other rural community to know the importance of women and Rural Development.
4. The research work shall serve as a reference material to other researches wishing to examine the finding of this research work.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research work is aimed at studying “a critical evaluation of women and Rural Development” in Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo stat.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the process of researching this project work, there are some challenges or difficulties which the researcher encountered. They are as follows:
1. Time factor: The problem of time observed the researcher from carrying out a comprehensive study of this project work.
2. Lack of cooperation from the librarians: There was a problem of cooperation which hindered the researcher from gathering enough information required to carryout the research work.
3. Financial problem: There was a great challenge of finance that prevented the researcher from gathering more information that was needed for research work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
It is important to give a brief definition of the following terms, in order to know the meaning of the key concept and some words in the research work.
Development: It can be defined as a change from primitive ways of doing things to advance or mechanize ways of doing things.
Rural development: It can be viewed as a process by which the efforts of the people are united with those of the governmental authorities to improve the standard of living in the rural communities or areas.
Rural areas: we can see rural areas so an area that is background In terms of social amenities and other materials found in urban areas.
Women: It can be defined in my own view as an adult female person or marked women in the society.
USE THIS MATERIALS AS A GUIDE FOR YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH WORK (IF PROPERLY CITED)