IMPACT OF LABOUR TURNOVER ON ORGANIZATION PRODUCTIVITY
| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
It has become more generally acceptable that structural arrangement of resources in an organization is composed of the human and materials resource, this shows that the management of an organization is not complete without any one of the two form effective management however, human resources that are under study, will be discussed in the area of labor turnover in an organization , this is because the constant exist of labour in an organization may jeopardize, his operation and productivity, in the light of this human resources management therefore needed in an organization.
Labour turnover is an organization become determent to the organization. It is not quickly taken into consideration. This is so special when the organization does not seek for immediate replacement of competent and qualified labour turnover when even ignore poses a barrier to the progress at an organization, however the current labour turnover in an organization and industries especially in Nigeria is not brought about by the causes performance to fall below expectation.
There is an distribution in the planning and low moral among the rank and file operational officers with in the organization.
Labour turnover especially if it is that of chief executive officers is quite detrimental to the concerned organization as poor performance, low productivity and fall employment morale would guise, this has an adverse effect on the progress of such organization.
Furthermore, productivity itself can not be achieve without efficient labour, labour in efficiency in the management of labour, this itself has been as a result of other variable such as labour turnover absenteeism work stoppage such as strike and locked, the dissatisfied workers find it difficult to adjust to rigid requirement of the employed “fourteen out of twenty six studios found out that worker will positive job attitude showed higher productivity than those will negative attitude.
Therefore, this study is being understanding to analyzes the various variables, which could lead to labour turnover in an organization and the effect of such leaving an productivity.
- PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
The rate at which workers are living industries is became rampant, the management also does not bother to suspend or terminate employee due to workers attitude to work these indifference are usually, being caused by the poor human resource management and management relationship.
Poor human resources management may manage where the alive to motivate employee (motivation) is lacking, these however will lead to instability to labour productivity in Nigeria, most employee are such as good salary, promotion medical working job security e.t.c are inadequate or absent and absence of these usually result is labour turnover need to be redressing by paying attention to workers needs because this will go a long way to improve productivity of the workers.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major objectives of the study is to analyzed the effect of the labour turnover on organizational productivity other objective of this study are as follows:
- To identify the causes and effect of labour turnover in an organization, it is pertinent that every workers that leaves the organization has no in other reasons why they left and this will actively have effect on the whole organization.
- To analyze the consequences of labour turnover on the organization productivity human resources is indispensable in an organization, they are the one that will put material resources together for desired output.
- To determine the effect of research system on labour turnover, this research will show weather invitation or reward has negative or positive effect of supervision on labour turnover the relationship between the supervision and workers will be used as a major tool in determine the effectiveness of the organization.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at focusing on the effect of labour turnover on organizational productivity as a result, the study will be important to production industries particularly (N.N.P.C) Ilorin it will be at great importance of production industries particularly those who want to known to minimize labour turnover in her organization, the research work will be useful to other organization productivity and manage human resources manage on how to be effective in his or her administration, it will also save as reference to industrial organization wishing to improve the labour productivity and reduce their labour turnover so that the improved productivity of labour will serve as sign of development for the organizational, also not to lose services of their valuable and productive workers the study could be useful to all management students to these issues would be great benefit.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is specially design to critically examine the effect of labour turnover, in organizational productivity, however attempt to cover all organization would be hectic in this research and unrealistic, hence, the research is confined which is Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation Ilorin. The research will basically shown that problems facing and organization on labour turnover to the organization productivity in production section to carry out this research, the key staff of Nigeria questionnaire that will be retrieved and analyzed for the purpose of this research work.
1.6 DEFINATION OF TERMS
- Administration: person who administer also a little used for some managerial position such as the administration of a hospital.
- Allocation: a quality of a resource allocated for particular items in speaking about money to travel allocation would be an amount of money set aside for travel.
- Appraise: to assess the value of a proper, a person job performance or other items of value.
- Bankrupt: a legal or economic term that means insolence, mobility to pay one’s debt.
- Budget: an approve so home that specifies how much is to be spent on each category of expenditure during a given time period, the scheme is usually complied in a document referred to as the budget of capital. Wealth that an organization posses to employ in achieving it is aim.
- Capital: wealth that an organization possess to employ in achieving it is aim.
- Compensation: that which is given in exchange for work performed, compensation is usually money but may include other them such as privilege.
- Effectiveness: the extent to which the design result is realized frequently compared with efficiency.
- Employee satisfaction: the degree to which employ needs are meet a relative measure.
- Hygiene factors: a construct in here bergs theory of motivation, factors that do not motivate positively but that conclude demo tivate if handle poorly.
- Labour turnover: this is the measurement of the number of employees leaving a company, from record the labour turnover can be concluded by dividing either the total separation or the total replacement by the average number of working force and expressions, the result as a percentage.
Measure of turnover:- no of employee that
No of employee that left payroll X 100
Average work force at the period
Management: according to Henry Fayol (1916) management is an activity that involves co-ordination of all the resources of an organization through the process of planning organization directing and controlling in order to obtain organization objective effectively and efficiency.
Organization: it is rational co-ordination of all activities of a number of people for the activities of a number of people for the achievement of some common explicit purpose or goal through division of labour and function through the hierarchy of authority and responsibility.
Productivity: the rate at which employee gives out their objectives of the organization can be achieved
Responsibility: performance areas in which person or who be expected to produce results, wages and salary administration the business function that determine wages and salary rate and adjust them in response to market condition and changed assignments.
USE THIS MATERIALS AS A GUIDE FOR YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH WORK (IF PROPERLY CITED)
Account Number: 0709546102
Access Bank: Savings
Account Name: Emmanuel Idorenyin Samuel.