SUSTAINABLE EDUCATIONAL POLICIES AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research Hypotheses
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
1.8 Organization of the study
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 sources of data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sampling and sampling distribution
3.5 Validation of research instrument
3.6 Method of data analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.2 Data analysis
The researcher treated about sustainable Educational policies and National Development but giving more emphasis on Educational Policy because they are government programmes or action plan meant to review existing educational practice or introduce a new method aimed at enhancing a better educational pursuit for its citizens. The impact of Educational policy makes man live and operate the way he does and his operational efficiency is best determined by his quality of education. Lastly, it is said that without educationally policy, there will be low productivity in the whole sector of the economy.
- Background of the study
The nexus between education and national development is quite intrinsic. Education, as a process through which desirable knowledge, attitudes and activities are inculcated both formally and informally, provides the basic substratum for national development and ensures that national objectives are brought to fruition. Through this process, man’s intelligence is provided training of the right kind to enable him acquires the necessary values and act rationally for his own good and for that of his society. It is this all important function of education that compelled Alfred Whitehead (1997) to remark thus; “in the conditions of modern life, the rule is absolute; the race which does not value intelligence is doomed”. Thus, it is education that makes man live and operate the way he does. His operational efficacy is best determined by his quality of education. It is not surprising that the Nigerian Government has adopted education as an instrument par excellence for effective national development.
- GENERAL BACKGROUND TO THE SUBJECT MATTER
Educational policy are government programmes or action plan meant to review existing educational practice or introduce a new method aimed at enhancing a better educational pursuit for its citizens. Prior to these policies, government involvement was not all that quite pronounced in the management of education. That is why in the introduction of this policy, it is clearly stated thus “Education in Nigeria is no more a private enterprise but a huge government venture that has witnessed a progressive evolution of government completely and dynamic intervention and active participation. According to Walter Rodney (1992), “The import of the policy was that government was out for even and orderly development of the country, using education as its capstone. Dudley Seer (1991) remark thus; the policy does not only highlight the national policy on education but also provides a framework for the national objectives on which the policy derives.
1.2 PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER
A lot of problems is associated with this subject matter which include the following:
- There is the danger of employing illiterates in the various sector of the economy if education is not introduced.
- Lack of education is responsible for low productivity in the whole sector of the economy.
- Without the help of education, one cannot be proficient in speaking and understanding languages apart from her mother tongue.
- Satisfaction of other’s interest or even assuming a leadership role in a group would be made impossible without education.
- According to Offoing Daniel A. (1980), Educational policy definitely places some children in disadvantaged position by making no provisions for free education.
1.3 PROBLEMS THAT THE STUDY WILL BE CONCERNED WITH
This study concerns a lot of problems which include the following:
- Problem of finance: Finance has been identified as one of the major constrains of policy implementation in the country. Two sources for this problem have been identified as under-estimation of the costs of educational programmme and over-estimation of anticipated financial resources to find the programmes. Educational officials should be provided with enough find to make sure that educational policies are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Politicization of the policy is another problem: According to Segun Adesina (1983), “The political climate in the country has not been quite conducive to implement the policy. Political instability coupled with the reordering of priorities by new leaders often times led to trade union strikes. Political climate in the country must be stable for easy implementation of this policy.
- Lack of trained personnel: Poor quality teachers also impair the effective operation of the national policy. Efforts should be made by the government to provide adequate curriculum experiences to enable students acquire requisite knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- Problem of free education: This has been identified as one of the major constrains in educational policies and national development. Efforts must be made by the government to provide free education up to a given level which constituted the principal entry point to the labour force.
- Problem of science and technological facilities: All these should be provided in our various schools for smooth educational system in our country.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are;
- To ascertain the significant relationship between sustainable educational policies and national development
- To ascertain the impact of sustainable education on national development
- To ascertain the educational policies on national development
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there is no significant relationship between sustainable educational policies and national development
H1: there is significant relationship between sustainable educational policies and national development
H02: there is no impact of sustainable education on national development
H2: there is impact of sustainable education on national development
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will give a clear insight on sustainable policies and national development. The study will be beneficial to students and the general public. The study will help the educational sector to know about what sustainable educational policies on national development. The study will serve as reference to other researchers that will embark on this topic
1.7 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers sustainable educational policies and national development. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
- a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
- b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
- c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
SUSTAINABLE: Able to be maintained at a certain rate or level.
SUSTAINABLE EDUCATIONAL POLICIES: A key part of this challenge is the preparation of citizens empowered with the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to realize sustainable development. This Policy, therefore, seeks to introduce the principles of sustainability in all aspects of the formal, non-formal and informal education system.
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: National development is the ability of a county or countries to improve the social welfare of the people e.g by providing social amenities like quality education, potable water, transportation infrastructure, medical care, etc
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
USE THIS MATERIALS AS A GUIDE FOR YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH WORK (IF PROPERLY CITED)
Account Number: 0709546102
Access Bank: Savings
Account Name: Emmanuel Idorenyin Samuel.