| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
No organization can succeed in meeting it’s corporate goals without a certain level of commitment and effort of it’s member understanding towards the force that shape employees performance which is no simple task.
A crucial fator in achieving success who Industry and Commerce is of cause, the ability to motivate all the people to work is vital for the successful completion of where upon which all else depends. It’s equally encouraging to achieve more or less (simpson 1983).
Since World War II, managerial process is virtually all fields. The managerial function to leading is defined as the process of influencing people so that they will contribute to organization and group goals meaningfully (With nch and Knootz, 1994). Managers job is not to manipulate people but rather to recognized what motivate people from having an understanding of the roles of the people, the individually of people and the personalities of people.
They should recognized that individually are much more than merely a productive factor in managements plan as they are members of social system of many organization; they are members of families, school, political parties.
These by establishing laws that governs managers and ethnics that guided behaviours (with nch and Knootz 1994). At times certain question are asked such as why does one employee tackle every project with enthusing and consistency succeed when another grumbles at every new task and often fails to meet minimum expectations or which cause an employee with a record of low performance. To suddenly becomes an important contributor in the organization or why does a star employee whose energy and begin to back commitment to the organization.
It is important to note that no matter the technological general behaviour cannot be taken for granted. For these reason, managers and manage scholars have always formed theorize about motivation.
According to the Oxford advance learning dictionary, it defines somebody to do something, Michaeal (1986) also define motivation as psychological process that causes the action that are good directed.
Therefore, psychological process constitutes the meaningfully and composition of motivation as stated below.
- Motivation is typical as an individual phenomenon every person is unique and all the major theories of motivation allows for its uniqueness to be demonstrated in one way or the other.
- Motivation is multifaceted (i.e have many difference aspect to be considered two factor of great tolerance are.
- The process of that get people are aroused
- The persistence of voluntary action that a goal derected.
- Motivation is described usually as international employees control and behaviour that are influenced by motivation such effort expander are seen as choices of action.
Firstly, identify that they (employee) do not given dear honest and believable message about what caused development opportunity their (employee) are ingredient motivation ability and environment factors (Burtons and Than bur 1995).
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objectives of the research work are
- To an organization (in this case, First bank of Nigeria Plc) increase the productivity in performance on workers or not.
- To acknowledge the effort of the job dimension as a result of motivation job design.
- To observe if certain motivation techniques are not effective and efficiency to the employee than others.
- Production of behaviour being the main objectives of motivation theories.
- Motivation is not the behaviour itself and it is not performance but it concerns action and the forces (both intensive and extrinsic) that influence a person choice of action (Mulins (1995).
According to Jackman (1975). An employee will work because the work interesting and challeneges him so when he performs effectively, he will be rewarded for doing well.
Motivation can be linked upon as a chain reaction fert needs give rise to want of goods sought. Which cause tension (i.e unfulfilled desire) which give rise to reaction towards achieving goals which finally result in satisfaction and also seen as complex productivity is a measure of the output of good and service relative, to the input colour, materials sand equipment, it also is the measuring of how well resources are bought together in an organization and initialized for the accomplishment of a set result and is often seen as total output and performance has to be implemented such as reward intentives improved pay system benefit e.t.c.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study cannot be over emphasized. It will base on the examination of the motivation practice in First bank Plc and to know the extent of which it is being carried out, the effects on the workers, the organization and the country at large. More so, to acquaints the various managers and different challenges of employees to the need to embrace motivation which all go a long way in achieving higher in productivity. Besides, those students in the field of accounting will find it educative, interesting and challenging in that, the various activities and techniques of motivation are logically analysis.
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In order to have a well understanding of the research topic; the following question could be asked.
- What is motivation
- What are these job dimension/design that are use to design a job or work activity.
- What are the role played by this job to the employee?
- How do the theories of motivation affect the ways manager treat individuals and affect the quality of working life to humr her from the early approaches to the contemporary approaches which realize that motivation arisen from the interplays of both individuals and environment factors?
- At the end of implementation of motivation what do the worker i.e. standard staff hope of gain or achieve.
- How is productivity and performance measured in respect of motivation
- What reality motivate individuals?
- SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This project covers the aspect of motivation in persuading, stimulating and competing an employee to act a manner which fulfills the objectives of the organization.
One can not but says that data collection is most tedious of writing project.
Another limitation that the researchers being a student who has to read other courses as well as to take normal lectures during the period of the research may be limited by time given for the study being too short.
Lastly, the fund constraint in carrying out tells research project the cost of setting materials and information as well as their adequacies will also constitute the limitations of the study.
- STUDY PLAN
The research work is divided into 5 chapters, one serves as a general proposal of the research starting from the introduction to the research question, background of the study, objectives of the study, the scope and limitation of the study, the significance of the study. This chapter tries to shed more light on what the project work is all about.
Chapter Two is the Literature Review of the research work where the main work crux is described and discussed leading to a better insight and understanding of the project. It started with the theories of behaviours that aid the concepts of the motivation theories and then we have the basic of incentives rewards merit pay system. Project sharing out job evaluation.
Chapter Three talks about Research Methodology, the Research Methodology entail the collection of Data Sampling Design and techniques to Data Analysis.
Chapter Five deals with the Summary, Conclusio, Recommendation, Bibliography and Appendix, Letter of Introduction and Questionnaires.
- DEFINITION OF KEY TERMS
MOTIVATION: This is the process of arousing sustaining behaviours in prohress and channeling behaviours into a specific course of action .
MANAGEMENT: This is the process of getting things done through people it involves Planning, Organizing, Staff, Directing, Coordinating and Controlling both human and material resource for the purpose of achieving a set goal.
LEADERSHIP: Is the process of using non coercive influence to direct and coordinate the activities of group member towards goals accomplishment.
DATA: Raw or unprocessed information
FACT: It is reality that has been discovered
CONCEPT: It’s idea about a fact, specific to general
CONSTRUCT: As ideal about a fact general to specific
VARIBALE: Concept or construct to which values are attached
HYPOTHESIS: A temporary statement about the relationship existing between two or more variables.
THEORIES: When the truth hypothesis has been established, become a theory.
DELIMITATIONS: Specifying the area of concentration
JUSTIFICATION OR SIGNIFICANCE: Purpose and advantages of the research work to the economy.
COGNITIVE DISSONANCE: Blocked motive and continuously unsuccessful rational coping behaviour.
ORGANIZATION: This has to do with determination and precision of capital, material equipment and personnel in an enterprise in order to achieve the set goals.
EMPLOYEES: This is a person who is paid for an organization or business enterprise.