AN ADVERTISING MESSAGES AND PRODUCT PATRONAGE OF CHAMP MALTA WITH REFERENCE OF RESIDENTS OF UYO METROPOLIS
| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
1.1 Background to the Study
Advertising is a form of communication for marketing and used to encourage, persuaded or manipulate the audience to continue or take some new action. Most commonly, the desired result is to drive consumer behavior with respect to a commercial behavior with respect to a commercial offering, although political and ideological advertising is also common. In Latin, advertise is also common. in Latin, advertise means “to turn the mind towards”. The purpose of advertising may also be to reassure employees or shareholders that a company is viable or successful.
Advertising messages are usually paid for by sponsors and viewed through various traditional media including mass media such as newspaper, magazines, television, commercial radio advertisement, outdoor advertising.
Modern advertising was created with the innovative techniques introduced with tobacco advertising in the 1920s, most significantly with the campaigns of Edward Bernays which is often considered the founder of modern advertising. Advertising has become so much a part of our life that we barely give it a thought except to be annoyed at it form time to time. However, advertising is a complex field of study and involve innovation and creating as a state of its existence.
John Wanamaker (1957) defines advertising as the promotion of a company’s product and services carried out primarily to drive up its sales.
It is also done to build a brand identity, communicate changes in old product, or introduce new product services to the customer. Advertising has become an essential element of the corporate world and hence, companies allot a considerable amount of resources towards their advertising.
1.2 Statement of problem
One of the major problems confronting advertising in nay production/manufacturing companies is lack of proper usage of advertising medial. One of the questions some experts often ask: is whether advertising is necessary or should be carried out when or before a product is introduced into the market being a stage for competition.
The problem of the study is to show how advertising messages enhance product acceptability in the market. The question one could ask here is; would it be said that advertising messages are directed to the target audience?
What impact have advertising messages created on them – the target audiences?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
In order to write this study, some objectives of the study must be set. The objectives of the study are:
- To find out essential and economical way of satisfying the needs and wants of the consumers.
- To examine whether advertising messages and product acceptability helps in monitoring the uncontrollable values within the marketing environment.
- To examine the needs and wants of the people. could ti be identified through advertising?
- To find out whether the product produced are acceptable by the masses through advertising messages
- To investigate whether or not advertising and product acceptability helps in identifying organization strength and weakness.
1.4 Purpose of the study
- The purpose of the study is to examine whether advertising could be used in advertising organizational goals in champion breweries.
- However the purpose of the work evolves at examining the importance of advertising in the organization.
- To examine factors that affects advertising in an organization.
1.5 Research questions
Based on objectives of the study, the following research questions are formulated so as to guide us for this purpose.
- Does advertising help in identifying the most essential and economical way of satisfying the needs and wants of the people.
- Does advertising messages and product acceptability help in monitoring the uncontrollable variables prevailing with the business environment?
- Does information gathered for advertising messages help in gaining support for a decision?
- Does advertising messages help to capture the minds of the consumers?
1.6 Research hypothesis
Ho: Wants and needs of the consumers cannot be achieved through advertising.
Hi: Wants and needs of the consumers can be achieved through advertising.
1.7 Significance of the study
This research is significant in many ways, apart from the award one of the requirements for the award of higher national diploma in Mass Commucnaiton.
It gives more orientation on the subject matter to the researcher and in the process increases his/her knowledge and understanding of the subject. The study could also offer solution which if applied could help in solving problems associated with poor and inefficient ways of conducting advertising and also help in developing effective marketing planning approaches. This study can also be found useful to other researchers as a references material.
1.8 Scope of the study
Advertising is an important tool which involves encouraging, persuading or manipulating an audience to continue or take some new action. It is necessary for a firm or an organization to attempt to reduce that uncertainty with information gathered through advertising.
To develop effective strategy, all production organization need current and accurate information about the micro environment, and the target market, they are going to reach, to achieve this, it is necessary to conduct advertising.
1.9 Limitation of study
This research work is limited to certain factors and they are:
Respondents behavior: Human beings differ in physical and mental capacities rendering the study very difficult. Most people, for instance may be because of pride, there have been fever libraries than expected, and the reason for this act is yet to be known, because of this affected the research to be conducted properly. Also, financial constraints in carrying out he researchers as a reference materials.
1.10 Definition of terms
In making this study more comprehensive, some terms need to be defined.
- Advertising: Is the non-personal communication of information, usually paid for and usually persuasive in nature, about products (goods and services) or ideas by identified sponsors through various media.
- Messages: A message is a piece of information or a request that is being sent to someone to gain knowledge about a certain issue or event
- Product: A product is anything that can be offered to a market for affection, acquisition, usage and consumption that might satisfy the want of the end users (consumers).
- Acceptability: Acceptability is an agreements for an idea or issue or product to taken in or used by an organization or group of people.
- Resident: A resident is someone who lives and stays in a particular area or entity.
USE THIS ARTICLE AS A GUIDE FOR YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH WORK (IF PROPERLY CITED)