| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
This project attempts to computerize fuel distribution system of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Apata, Ibadan. This project is aimed at designing an automated system to ensure the distribution of fuel to the desired destination thereby leading to a more efficient, accurate and faster method in distributing fuel when the need arises. The propose system ensures adequate fuel distribution.
The programming language that will be used to develop this package is Visual basic due to its object oriented nature and also makes use of iconic interface that present information as picture instead of texts and numbers. The sale and production managers were interviewed to obtained information. Books are read to acquire more useful information.
The program was tested with carefully selected input data and produced efficient result and thereby recommended for use by NNPC Apata, Ibadan.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Title Page i
Table of Content vii-viii
- Introduction 1
1.1 Background of the Case Study 1-2
1.2 Statement of the Problem 2
1.3 Purpose of the Study 2
1.4 Significance of the Project 3
1.5 Scope of the Study 3
1.6 Limitation of the Project 4
1.7 Definition of Terms 4-5
- Literature Review 6
2.1 Introduction 6-7
2.2 Meaning of Distribution 7
2.3 Channel of Distribution 7-9
2.4 Responsibilities of NNPC 9-10
2.5 The Need for Fuel Distribution 10-12
- System Analysis and Design 13
3.1 Introduction 13
3.2 Components of the System 14
3.3 Analysis of the Existing System 14
3.4 Major Marketers 14
3.5 Independent Marketers 15-16
3.6 Method of System Unit 16
3.7 The Purchasing Requisition 16-17
3.8 Validity Checks 17-18
3.9 Inadequacies of the Exhibiting System 18
3.10 Description of the New System 18-19
3.11 Merits of the New System 19-21
3.12 Input Design 21
3.13 Input Specification 21-28
- System Implementation and Documentation 29
4.1 Introduction 29
4.2 Implementation and Change Over Procedures 29
4.3 Director Change Over 30
4.4 Hardware Installation 30-31
4.5 Program Modules 31-34
4.6 Report Generation 34
4.7 Software Installation 35
4.8 System Testing 35-36
4.9 Computer Literacy 36
4.10 Software User 36-37
4.11 Data Constraints 37
4.12 System Documentation 37
4.13 The Users and Operational Manual 38
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation 39
5.1 Summary 39
5.2 Recommendations 39
5.3 Conclusion 40
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over the years, computer has served a vital tool for the prevision of information in business organizations today.
There is hardly any serious business organization today that does not make use of computer in its day business activities computer are used in banking operation engineering design, research work are fuel distribution. It is common knowledge that the application of computer in various organizational activities has help to improve the efficiency of operation and the overall performance of organizations. This basically can be attributed to the speed, accuracy and storage capacity of the computer.
Distribution of fuel like any other setup, requires a lot of computer processing before fuel can be adequately distributed. This process include gathering of information to be used by management.
The advert of computer blew a breeze of change across the sections of this procedure thereby affected are the account department, production department and sales department. Distribution comes under the sales department, this department has always been neglected because of the computer used for processing.
This department remain vital aspect of the organization since the corporation source income depends largely on the effective distribution and this had necessitated the selected of this topic “Distribution System”.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Due to lack of prompt information retrieval and time wastage in dealing with the society or group that manages this distribution of fuel and inquiry are no longer capable of effective handling the tremendous information about fuel.
- PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The ultimate aim of this project is to computerize fuel distribution procedure. This is to increase the efficiency of fuel distribution. This project will open avenue on how the computer can be fully utilized in distribution of fuel in respect of improving the present activates using computer. The objective include:
- To reduce the rate of data manipulation, and to improve the performance of the system.
- To reduce the usage of file this could affect the daily production and sales information adversely.
- To speed up the process of fuel distribution and have better control of the activities/ procedure.
- To ensure proper functioning of all units and department within the system.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
The distribution of fuel has been pf immense importance to the society and the depot which include the following:
- The availability fuel has eased transportation in society.
- Cooking has become easier in the society, due to the production other product such as kerosene.
- The rate of consumption of fuel by the society as served as a means of generating income to the management of the depot.
- It has enable the management to increase its product.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project focuses the process of computerizing all the processing of fuel distribution for convince and to avoid complexity a particular depot, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Ibadan has been chosen as the case study.
Also, the project also take care of the cost of litres, and issued out to various filling station, the program will perform the following tasks.
- It will allow for percentage allocation for each filling station to be input when necessary.
- The total allocation for each filling station will be displayed.
- The total quantity of fuel supplied and demanded will be displayed.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
This project prototype software which demonstrate how fuel can be distributed to various units. It can used on stand alone system also;
Exorbitant financial implication is involved in using other oil company which cannot be afforded.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
This project will not be completed without the identification and definition of some of the terms used in the course of writing.
- DISTRIBUTION: This is an act of allocating a shared distributed, allotment, apportionment.
- AUTOMATED: This used of system to perform task.
- FUEL: An organic Compound comprises of petroleum coal, kerosene, lubricating oil e.t.c. that is burnt in generate heat or energy.
- PETROLEUM: They are organic energy which are consumable by people to generate heat or energy.
- TANKER: A form of vehicle, which serve as a means of conveyance of transporting of petroleum product from one place to another.
- LOCATION: The destination or place where the petroleum products are to be transported.
- DISPATCH: To send away, to dispose off speedily.
- CARRIER: This is the name of the tanker drive.
9 SUPPLYING DEPOT: The depot supplying product to other station.
- DRIVE WAY: Is where the fuel is measured and discharge in the corporation and the filling station.