SIGNIFICANCE OF EFFECTIVE STORE MANAGEMENT IN GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE ILORIN KWARA STATE)
| Format: Ms Word | 1-5 Chapters | Table of Content|
INSTANT PROJECT MATERIAL DOWNLOAD
Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE
Store management is a feature of almost every undertaking both private and public concern. Although it has for many years been unexplored we seem to have forgotten the fact that the entire organization relics much more on services of store. One area of great expenditure in either the public or private sector of the economy is the acquisition and maintenance of material. Briefly, store management covers progress of deliverances quality control storage preservation and finally distributions. However, it is a well known fact that store management is a major last centre because of the saving, it can affect and thereby contribute significantly to the profit of the organization. Since material and supplies form the life blood of any organization, they should be made available at the proper place and time and at a reasonable price.
- HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE ESTABLISHMENT
Kwara state was established in the year 1967 as one of the ten (10) Northern States ministries were also established charged with various duties. Few among the ministries created wipe ministry of finance ministry of education, ministry of works and ministry of Health e.t.c The ministry of finance is one of the most important ministries charged with the duty of providing funds to other ministries and government parastatal auditing the account of other ministries and parastatals and the provision of all the necessary materials. Ministry of finance has the following divisions listed above each performing different functions the divisions are Finance Division, Administrative Division, Revenue Division and Finally Audit Division.
- ORGANIZATION CHART OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE ILORIN
DIRECTOR FINANCE AND SUPPLY
CHIEF STORE OFFICER
PRINCIPAL STORE OFFICE PRINCIPAL STORE OFFICE
STORE OFFICER ASSISTANT STORE OFFICER
STORE ASSISTANT STORE ATTENDANT
MINISTRY OF FINANCE ILORIN
However, central store unit of the ministry as the area of study has some sections namely Inspection Permanent Board of Survey Purchase Section and lastly store section.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
During the course activities of the ministry were faced by many problems.
- Shortage of qualified store personnel: it was discovered that there were few qualified personnel’s in the store section of the ministry and this problem has seriously undermined the efficiency of the store section.
- Poor storage facilities: it was also discovered that there were inadequate and outdated storage facilities leading to deterioration of some items in the store especially items that require special storage such materials often become problem for the ministry.
- Poor store controlsy stem: materials are not being supplied time there by causing unnecessary interruption in the operation ministry determination of correct qualities of some stock items often becomes problematic to the establishment.
- Poor location system: poor location of materials in store is also one of the major problems of the establishment as such leading to waste of time before materials can be issued to user.
- Poor coding system: materials kept in store were not properly coded which makes it difficult for easy identification of materials.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The primary motives behind this research impartial fulfillment of the requirement for the Award of Higher National Diploma Certificate in Business Administration Institute of Finance and Management Studies Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin. Another objective of this research work is to shield more light on efficient inventory control system and the effect it has an material procreant. To identify problems of public sections in the area of inventory control or stock and offer suitable solution
To examine the relationship of store department with other department and vice-versa.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Major part of information vital to the proper conduct of the research work shall namely be collected from the material management unit of the directorate of logistic and supply. Ministry of finance, Ilorin and other department of the ministry.
More over this research work will be limited in scope to the roles of store management( a case study of ministry of finance, Ilorin) owing to limit the time and financial recourses at the researcher disposal as at the time of carrying out this research.
- LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The researcher encountered a lot of problem during the course of researcher and this had restricted the scope of his study to a specify area.
- Financial constraints: the researcher fared the problem inadequate finance to carry out the research programme. The researcher was financially handicapped and this accounted for limiting the scope of ministry of finance Ilorin.
- Lack of cooperation: the researcher experienced a serious un cooperative attitudes from the staff of the ministry of finance, Ilorin personnel whom the researcher can reacted during the course of inter viewing them to enable him collect vital information required for the research work were in most cases not always available in their offices and where they are available they refused to give required information.
- Time constrain: due to time constraint and over whelming academic assignment in the school. The researcher fund it difficult to collect data with the staff at time could not permit the researcher to visit other organizations.
- HYPOTHESIS FORMULATION
It is very essential to develop some reasonable assumption about the subject matter. Hypothesis is a theoretical conceptualization or quest about the result of the study hypothesis could be null or alternative.
Null hypothesis (Ho)
Alternatives hypothesis (Hi)
The following hypothesis were formulated in this research were:
Ho: store formulated has no role to play in government establishment towards operational efficiency.
Hi: store formation is highly indispensable in ensuring operational efficiency in government establishments.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following are the definitions of some important terms related to store management;
- Quality: quality can be defined as the fitness and the satisfaction to be derived from a product. In other word it means suitability of a product for intended purpose.
- Specification: specification is the detailed description of the materials, parts and components used in marketing a product.
- Absolute: an item or material is used to be absolute when its no longer used by the company.
- Standard price: this can be described as pre-determined price fixed on the basis of up to data knowledge of market price and condition.
- Unit of issue: is the smallest quantity normally issue from a store house. A suitable unit is fixed for each item of stock held and this unit should be employed consistently in all receipt issue recording and provisioning procedure.
- Provisioning: this is the process of determining requirement of material taking in to consideration existing stock in hand at any time will be in according with the stock control policy.
- Acquisition? This is the sum of a cost of ordering.
- Stock taking: is the complete process of verifying the quality balance.
- Store accounting: is the process of recording stock movement and balance in value.
- Cyclical provisioning: is the process of examining the stock records for a particular class of commodity of a regular intervals and raising a provision demand at one time for all their requiring replenishment.
- PLAN OF THE STUDY
The sample plan of the study provide a resource for understanding the possible course and educational experience for students pursing a program of study (BAM) the models provided represent options with in each of the 16 career clusters in and career path ways and serve to define the possibilities associated with each are. The program of is the course and opportunities offered by the state district and school while the plan of the study represent the individual student choices associated with completing the program of the study.
These models plans of the study also represent models for programs of the secondary and past secondary levels each plan of the study is available in either PDF of excel. The excel files area easily customizable to reflect the actual courses and offering locally the plans of study provide are sample and are based on the 2009 knowledge and skill identified for each carrier cluster in and carrier path way the knowledge and skills references on the plans of the study are displayed as knowledge and skill.
USE THIS MATERIALS AS A GUIDE FOR YOUR PERSONAL RESEARCH WORK (IF PROPERLY CITED)
WE ASSIST OUR CLIENTS BY PROVIDING QUALITY RESEARCH MATERIALS FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES.
THIS MATERIAL IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD BE USED AS GUIDELINE.
DO NOT COPY THE ABOVE MATERIALS VERBATIM (WORD FOR WORD)